POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The magic of media photons : The magic of media photons Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  The magic of media photons
From: Slime
Date: 7 Apr 2002 14:35:50
Message: <3cb09186@news.povray.org>
I worked on this image since the first beta of povray 3.5 came out, with a
long wait for a photon bug to be fixed, but I eventually found a workaround.

350 fish, some spherical bubbles, thousands upon thousands of sphere sweeps
for the seaweed, an f_ridged_mf for the normal of the water, and a heckuva
lot of media and surface photons. About 40 hours to render the 1400 x 1050
version, although I set the priority down to do other things during the day.

- Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]
[ http://www.slimeland.com/images/ ]

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'realwater_800x600.jpg' (61 KB)

Preview of image 'realwater_800x600.jpg'
realwater_800x600.jpg